Saturday, January 18, 2014

2014 One Little Word: Authentic

“The place God calls you to is the place where your deep gladness and the world’s deep hunger meet.”
-Frederick Buechner


I am choosing the word "authentic" to inspire my year. [I have chosen a guiding word for the past three years: 2011, 2012, 2013. Last year I also participated in Ali Edwards' One Little Word workshop, which was totally the highlight of my year... totally doing that again!]


My journey with the word "momentum" last year led me to the insight that there's never enough time, energy, money, or talent in my life to take on every project or to succeed in every endeavor. I want to be intentional about the ways I spend my days, so that my life best reflects my true self. Who am I... what do I want... how do I want to use my momentum?

In 2013 I desired to push myself past my comfort zones, but this year I want to spend time listening to what is already in my heart. I expect that my journey this year will be about finding what resonates with me in all aspects of my life. And, then living into that which makes my soul sing.

Follow my progress and be inspired.

1 comment:

You might also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...