Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Gifts of Imperfection...

"Yes, I am imperfect and vulnerable and sometimes afraid, but that doesn't change the truth that I am also brave and worthy of love and belonging."
-Brenè Brown, The Gifts of Imperfection


I'm a big Brenè Brown fan. Earlier this month I saw that she and Oprah were running a repeat of The Gifts of Imperfection e-course... the soul-searching/art-journaling/wholehearted-living theme seemed to fit right into the place where my head and heart lie at the moment. When I saw that the second lesson was called "Cultivating Authenticity" [my word for 2014 is "authentic"]... I was a goner. I forked over my credit card number and made plans to embrace my watercolors and Prismacolors for the next six weeks.

One of the DIG Deeper prompts this week encourages me to share my journal with a community of people who will keep me inspired. I can't promise that I'll share every page in this space, but here's at least the first week... I'm going to let the pages speak for themselves.

Permission slips // I give myself permission to...

Perfection pledge // I'm imperfect and I'm enough.

Courage is a heart word // Who has earned the right to hear my story?

1 comment:

  1. Love your pages. I'm just hearing about Brene' Brown, but looks like I need to dig deeper!

    ReplyDelete

You might also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...