Sunday, September 14, 2014

Nursery Fabrics

"To be pregnant is to be vitally alive, thoroughly woman, and undoubtedly inhabited."
-Anne Buchanan


My mom planned to visit for Labor Day weekend. And, knowing that this might be the only time she's at my house before Baby B is here, I really wanted to take advantage of her sewing expertise and get started on the nursery.

A new sewing project means one thing... a trip to Mary Jo's Cloth Store. I headed up to Gastonia (only an hour and a half from my house) one Saturday afternoon with the goal of gathering fabric swatches in a couple of color schemes.

Mary Jo's Cloth Store... the fabric mecca of the Southeast

We wouldn't know Baby B's gender for a few more weeks, so I wanted to start with a gender-neutral base. (Even if we did know, I don't think we'd go over-the-top girly or boyish anyway!)

Two and a half hours later, I had collected three sets of fabrics. However, before I even got home, I had already narrowed it down to the top two contenders. Take a look!

Would it be Option A? The modern woodland theme?

Dancing Commas | Color Scheme A
[clockwise: Riley Blake Boy Stripes Orange | Riley Blake Scenic Critters Blue | Riley Blake Boy Swirls Aqua | Michael Miller Tile Pile Dirt | Michael Miller Garden Pindot Clem]

Or would it be Option B? The graphic feather theme?

Dancing Commas | Color Scheme B
[clockwise: Michael Miller Birds of a Feather Quill | Micheal Miller Clown Stripe Limeade | Michael Miller Garden Pindot Clem | Michael Miller Dino Roars Stitch | Michael Miller Diddly Dot Sky]

I gave myself two weeks to decide before my mom came to town and we could go back to purchase the full yardage. Although I (and everyone else that I asked) was originally leaning towards Color Scheme A, halfway through I started to second-guess myself.

Any guesses as to which direction I chose?



0 comments:

Post a Comment

You might also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...